- When to Sow: End of February to July
- Where to Sow: Sowings can be made under glass, sow seeds into pots or trays of seed sowing compost at a temperature of 15-20°C and lightly cover seeds with sprinkling of vermiculite or compost. Alternatively sow seeds from April thinly along rows 1.5cm (1/2in) deep and 30cm (12in) apart direct in the vegetable plot.
- What to do next: Sowings made under glass can be pricked out into individual pots or module trays and grown on until ready to harden off and plant out into the vegetable plot 30cm (12in) apart between the plants and the rows. Seedlings sown direct outside can be thinned once large enough to handle to 30cm (12in) apart. Thinnings can also be transplanted into other rows, watered in well during hot dry spells.
- Maturity: 10-12 weeks from sowing
- Handy Tip: Try broadcasting seed into modular trays and plant without thinning and harvest as required as 'cut and come again' varieties.
- Nutritional Value: A good source of the antioxidants such as beta-carotene, lutein and vitamin C as well as vitamin K and folic acid.
- Manufacturer CodeOV264
You can find Kings Lettuce Mixed Seeds online at Groves Nurseries or visit our garden centre in Bridport, Dorset. We're conveniently located in Bridport near Dorchester, Weymouth, and Yeovil in Dorset. You can buy Kings Lettuce Mixed Seeds online or visit our garden centre.