- When to Sow: April to May
- Where to Sow: Prepare a flat bottom drill 5cm (2in) deep and 10cm, (4in) wide.
- What to do next: Space seeds 5cm (2in) apart throughout the drill allowing 60cm (24in) between the drills, then cover over with soil and gently tamp down with the back of a rake. It is advisable to give some net protection against birds, once seedlings start to grow , then add some net support for plants to climb and hold the crop. Alternatively very early spring sowings can be made in February or March into a length of plastic gutter or modular cells under glass and then planted out against wires. Slide contents of gutter into a shallow drill made in the plot or space modular plants 10-15cm(4-6in) apart once hardened off.
- Maturity: July to September
- Handy Tip: As plants grow and the crops mature, stems can get quite heavy, especially after rain so plants may require extra tying to the support netting.
- Nutritional Value: A good source of Pro-Vitamin A and Vitamins C, B1 and folic acid.
- Manufacturer Code30321A
You can find Kings Pea Hurst Green Shaft Seeds online at Groves Nurseries or visit our garden centre in Bridport, Dorset. We're conveniently located in Bridport near Dorchester, Weymouth, and Yeovil in Dorset. You can buy Kings Pea Hurst Green Shaft Seeds online or visit our garden centre.