Reports To: Head Chef
Are you someone who loves the buzz of a busy, modern kitchen but fed up with working evenings? Then we have the perfect job for you….
We are just entering our first busy, spring season for 2 years and we are expecting it to be a big one, so we are currently recruiting for a Chef to join our kitchen team at the Ivy House Kitchen. We are looking for a passionate staff member who has a love for food and are looking to build their careers in the hospitality industry.
The Ivy House Kitchen is part of the family business of Groves Nurseries, based in Bridport. This modern restaurant is set in a stunning building and you will be joining one of the longest established business in Bridport to help the kitchen team create wonderfully seasonal dishes every day.
The ideal candidate will work well in a close-knit team and be a pro-active individual that is willing to learn and develop their current skills, as well as being dedicated to preparing a high standard of food.
You can expect a busy lunchtime served and weekend work will be required but our team doesn’t work split shifts and because of the restaurant location within a garden centre evening work is only required for the occasional event.
The job role includes:
• Preparing and cooking ingredients necessary and assisting in all sections of the kitchen as directed by the Head Chef
• Maintaining high levels of service
• Assisting and monitoring stock, including stock rotation,
• Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage
• Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
• Learning skills and recipes from other members of the department and applying them
• Complying with all company policies and procedures and all statutory regulations and food hygiene policies.
• Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and
• Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
• Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef or Restaurant Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Strong organisational skills
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
• Great communication skills
• Willingness to follow instruction
• Relevant training and culinary qualifications
To apply: Please complete the form below and attach your CV and covering letter, or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this vacancy
Please fill out this form and your information will be sent to the team at Groves.