Slug Gone is applied to the soil below the plant to create a irritating, absorbent mat that works as a natural slug repellent. It prevents slugs and snails from reaching the plant, whilst adding nutrients to the soil and locking in moisture.
- Biodegradable, contains naturally occurring slow release nutrients to help feed plants
- Its minute fibres form a mat which is an irritant to slugs and absorbs moisture from the slug’s foot
- Improves water retention.
Containing naturally occurring nutrients, Slug Gone consists of a biodegradable protein fibre which releases nitrogen, potassium, sulphur and other trace elements essential for plant growth.
To deter slugs and other gastropods, simply lay the pellets around the stems of plants. For best results, add Slug Gone in a 10cm radius around the plant, then add water to cause the fibres to bond.
The swollen wool pellets form a felt which makes it difficult for slugs to travel across. The wool pellet mat also contains abrasive particles which irritate the slug’s foot, physically deterring the slug and creating a 100% natural barrier.
Safe to use around children and pets, Slug Gone can also be used to protect against cabbage root fly.
- Naturally deters gastropods such as slugs and snails
- Creates a self-felting mulch
- Helps prevent weeds
- Soaks up and holds water; great to combine with soils and composts
- Biodegrades in 6 to 14 months whilst delivering organic nutrients
- Contributes as a water retainer and soil improver
- A natural mulch and soil conditioner
- Protects and enriches soil
- Perfect for flower beds, container pots and hanging baskets
- Manufacturer Code563361
- Control TypeSlug Control
- Volume (l)3.5
You can find Vitax Slug Gone Wool Pellets 3.5L online at Groves Nurseries or visit our garden centre in Bridport, Dorset. We're conveniently located in Bridport near Dorchester, Weymouth, and Yeovil in Dorset. You can buy Vitax Slug Gone Wool Pellets 3.5L online or visit our garden centre.